Firm Grip Latex-Coated Cotton Large Work Gloves ( Gloves Home Depot #4)
Firmfirm1 (fûrm),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, v., adv., -er, -est.
- not soft or yielding when pressed;
comparatively solid, hard, stiff, or rigid: firm ground; firm texture.
- securely fixed in place.
- not shaking or trembling;
steady: a firm voice.
- not likely to change;
unalterable: a firm belief.
- steadfast or unwavering, as persons or principles: firm friends.
- indicating firmness or determination: a firm expression.
- not fluctuating much or falling, as prices, values, etc.: The stock market was firm today.
- to make firm;
tighten or strengthen (sometimes fol. by up): to firm up one's hold on something.
- to steady or fix (sometimes fol. by up): to firm up prices.
- to become firm or fixed (sometimes fol. by up): Butter firms by churning.
- (of prices, markets, etc.) to recover;
become stronger, as after a decline (sometimes fol. by up): Stock prices firmed again today.
- firmly: He stood firm.
Gripgrip (grip),USA pronunciation n., v., gripped or gript, grip•ping.
- the act of grasping;
a seizing and holding fast;
- the power of gripping: He has a strong grip.
- a grasp, hold, or control.
- mental or intellectual hold: to have a good grip on a problem.
- competence or firmness in dealing with situations in one's work or personal affairs: The boss is old and is losing his grip.
- a special mode of clasping hands: Members of the club use the secret grip.
- something that seizes and holds, as a clutching device on a cable car.
- a handle or hilt: That knife has a very unusual grip.
- a sudden, sharp pain;
spasm of pain.
- [Older Use.]a small traveling bag.
- [Theat.]a stagehand, esp. one who works on the stage floor.
- [Motion Pictures, Television.]a general assistant available on a film set for shifting scenery, moving furniture, etc.
- come to grips with:
- to encounter;
cope with: She had never come to grips with such a situation before.
- to deal with directly or firmly: We didn't come to grips with the real problem.
- to grasp or seize firmly;
hold fast: We gripped the sides of the boat as the waves tossed us about.
- to take hold on;
hold the interest of: to grip the mind.
- to attach by a grip or clutch.
- to take firm hold;
- to take hold on the mind.
Cottoncot•ton (kot′n),USA pronunciation n.
- a soft, white, downy substance consisting of the hairs or fibers attached to the seeds of plants belonging to the genus Gossypium, of the mallow family, used in making fabrics, thread, wadding, etc.
- the plant itself, having spreading branches and broad, lobed leaves.
- such plants collectively as a cultivated crop.
- cloth, thread, a garment, etc., of cotton.
- any soft, downy substance resembling cotton, but growing on other plants.
- to get on well together;
- [Obs.]to prosper or succeed.
- cotton to or on to, [Informal.]
- to become fond of;
begin to like.
- to approve of;
agree with: to cotton to a suggestion.
- to come to a full understanding of;
grasp: More and more firms are cottoning on to the advantages of using computers.
Largelarge (lärj),USA pronunciation adj., larg•er, larg•est, n., adv.
- of more than average size, quantity, degree, etc.;
exceeding that which is common to a kind or class;
great: a large house; in large measure; to a large extent.
- on a great scale: a large producer of kitchen equipment.
- of great scope or range;
- grand or pompous: a man given tolarge, bombastic talk.
- (of a map, model, etc.) representing the features of the original with features of its own that are relatively large so that great detail may be shown.
important: He's very large in financial circles.
- unrestrained in the use of language;
- unrestrained in behavior or manner;
- free (def. 33).
- the longest note in mensural notation.
- at large:
- free from restraint or confinement;
at liberty: The murderer is still at large.
- to a considerable extent;
at length: to treat a subject at large.
- as a whole;
in general: the country at large.
- Also, at-large. representing the whole of a state, district, or body rather than one division or part of it: a delegate at large.
- in large, on a large scale;
from a broad point of view: a problem seen in large.Also, in the large.
- with the wind free or abaft the beam so that all sails draw fully.
Workwork (wûrk),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., worked or (Archaic except for 35, 37, 40) wrought;
- exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something;
- something on which exertion or labor is expended;
a task or undertaking: The students finished their work in class.
- productive or operative activity.
- employment, as in some form of industry, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: to look for work.
- one's place of employment: Don't phone him at work.
- materials, things, etc., on which one is working or is to work.
- the result of exertion, labor, or activity;
a deed or performance.
- a product of exertion, labor, or activity: musical works.
- an engineering structure, as a building or bridge.
- a building, wall, trench, or the like, constructed or made as a means of fortification.
- (used with a sing. or pl. v.) a place or establishment for manufacturing (often used in combination): ironworks.
- the working parts of a machine: the works of a watch.
- [Theol.]righteous deeds.
- force times the distance through which it acts;
specifically, the transference of energy equal to the product of the component of a force that acts in the direction of the motion of the point of application of the force and the distance through which the point of application moves.
- at work:
- working, as at one's job: He's at work on a new novel.
- in action or operation: to see the machines at work.
- gum up the works, to spoil something, as through blundering or stupidity: The surprise party was all arranged, but her little brother gummed up the works and told her.
- in the works, in preparation or being planned: A musical version of the book is in the works.
- make short work of, to finish or dispose of quickly: We made short work of the chocolate layer cake.
- out of work, unemployed;
jobless: Many people in the area were out of work.
- shoot the works, to spend all one's resources: Let's shoot the works and order the crêpes suzette.
- the works:
all related items or matters: a hamburger with the works.
- harsh or cruel treatment: to give someone the works.
- of, for, or concerning work: work clothes.
- working (def. 18).
- to do work;
- to be employed, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood: He hasn't worked for six weeks.
- to be in operation, as a machine.
- to act or operate effectively: The pump will not work. The plan works.
- to attain a specified condition, as by repeated movement: The nails worked loose.
- to have an effect or influence, as on a person or on the mind or feelings of a person.
- to move in agitation, as the features under strong emotion.
- to make way with effort or under stress: The ship works to windward.
- to give slightly at the joints, as a vessel under strain at sea.
- [Mach.]to move improperly, as from defective fitting of parts or from wear.
- to undergo treatment by labor in a given way: This dough works slowly.
- to ferment, as a liquid.
- to use or manage (an apparatus, contrivance, etc.): She can work many business machines.
- to bring about (any result) by or as by work or effort: to work a change.
- to manipulate or treat by labor: to work butter.
- to put into effective operation.
- to operate (a mine, farm, etc.) for productive purposes: to work a coal mine.
- to carry on operations in (a district or region).
- to make, fashion, or execute by work.
- to achieve or win by work or effort: to work one's passage.
- to keep (a person, a horse, etc.) at work: She works her employees hard.
- to influence or persuade, esp. insidiously: to work other people to one's will.
- to exploit (someone or something) to one's advantage: See if you can work your uncle for a new car.He worked his charm in landing a new job.
- to make or decorate by needlework or embroidery: She worked a needlepoint cushion.
- to cause fermentation in.
- work in or into:
- to bring or put in;
add, merge, or blend: The tailor worked in the patch skillfully. Work the cream into the hands until it is completely absorbed.
- to arrange a time or employment for: The dentist was very busy, but said she would be able to work me in late in the afternoon. They worked him into the new operation.
- work off:
- to lose or dispose of, as by exercise or labor: We decided to work off the effects of a heavy supper by walking for an hour.
- to pay or fulfill by working: He worked off his debt by doing odd jobs.
- work on or upon, to exercise influence on;
affect: I'll work on her, and maybe she'll change her mind.
- work out:
- to bring about by work, effort, or action.
- to solve, as a problem.
- to arrive at by or as by calculation.
- to pay (a debt) by working instead of paying money.
- to exhaust, as a mine.
- to issue in a result.
- to evolve;
- to amount to (a total or specified figure);
add up (to): The total works out to 176.
- to prove effective or successful: Their marriage just didn't work out.
- to practice, exercise, or train, esp. in order to become proficient in an athletic sport: The boxers are working out at the gym tonight.
- work over:
- to study or examine thoroughly: For my term paper I worked over 30 volumes of Roman history.
- to beat unsparingly, esp. in order to obtain something or out of revenge: They threatened to work him over until he talked.
- work through, to deal with successfully;
come to terms with: to work through one's feelings of guilt.
- work up:
- to move or stir the feelings;
- to prepare;
elaborate: Work up some plans.
- to increase in efficiency or skill: He worked up his typing speed to 70 words a minute.
- work up to, rise to a higher position;
advance: He worked up to the presidency.
Glovesglove (gluv),USA pronunciation n., v., gloved, glov•ing.
- a covering for the hand made with a separate sheath for each finger and for the thumb.
- See boxing glove.
- See baseball glove.
- hand and glove. See hand (def. 42).
- handle with kid gloves. See kid gloves (def. 2).
- take up the glove. See gauntlet 1 (def. 4).
- throw down the glove. See gauntlet 1 (def. 5).
- to cover with or as if with a glove;
provide with gloves.
- to serve as a glove for.
Hello there, this picture is about Firm Grip Latex-Coated Cotton Large Work Gloves ( Gloves Home Depot #4). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 930 x 930. It's file size is only 90 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your computer, you have to Click here. You might too see more attachments by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Gloves Home Depot.
The walls were becoming a lag between your kitchen table and cupboards while in the kitchen, or popularly termed backsplash, has become one of the important factors in the kitchen. Its profile not simply serves like a protective wall from splashes of foodstuffs or fat, but also with the capacity of being cosmetic factors that enhance the glance of your kitchen.
There are many coating supplies for tables and walls. Unfortunately, not everything is appropriately employed for the kitchen. You have to be selective in selecting a correct dining room table as well as wall-coverings. This really is due to the high intensity useful of the Firm Grip Latex-Coated Cotton Large Work Gloves ( Gloves Home Depot #4). Form home can be vunerable to water and stains. Before determining wall coverings and the dining room table right, notice these.
Layer content mustn't simply scratch- immune but additionally resistant to high-humidity. This is because the films are often in contact with pointed things for example water and blades. You're able to choose normal or unnatural product. For components that are pure you're able to choose the kind of rock that is as sturdy as granite and pebble. When it comes to current unnatural solid surface and ceramics.